Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lookingforweekendgetawa

Acer Aspire One - Installing RAM bank

The first thing that came to mind just bought this notebook was a little bit ... but I can upgrade it? I sincerely think not, but here you can install another bank of RAM and an adapter to replace the SSD with a compact flash that's faster. Luckily I had 2 banks of 512 MB of RAM (these are the classic SODIMM) that I removed from my other laptop and so I thought I'd put one on again. The operation is simple, just a little patience because you have to practically disassemble the entire notebook to do this ... I found this guide in useful network, So now I have 1 GB of RAM.
Now I do not think of going to replace the SSD but surely going to change OS. In fact, this distribution does not wowed me. I think to put ol ' Ubuntu or Win XP (remote hypothesis, as if I can I install it on a partition on my portable hard drive) or gOS, a distribution based on Ubuntu and have set up low-cost PC and optimize for web browsing. However, I'm enjoying it, carry it wherever you go, it weighs very little and I'm taking the habit even with this small keyboard more ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment